Monday, January 9, 2012

First Week

Hey everyone!

So I have officially been up in DC for a week and have already learned so much already. The weather fluctuates from warm to freezing cold a little too much for my liking but all in all the city is beautiful. Recently I had the chance to spend some time and see the sights with fellow FSC student Charlotte Garraway while she is here doing a two week program with the Washington Center. So far work as been really slow, making it much easier to learn quickly, since Congress is not currently in session. What I have been doing for work thus far consists of answering phone calls and handling mail from constituents. Basically what this means is those citizens from the district have a complaint about the current administration or have a concern that they want to express to Congressman Ross. On top of these responsibilities I am obligated to give tours of the Capitol and basically do any little job that is asked of me, however, eventually I will get a chance to work with some legislation. As of right now the main issue going around the Capitol that people are concerned about is President Obama has been trying to work around Congress while they are not in session and he is attempting to act upon his own policies, which is unconstitutional, and once the congress comes back in session these policies will be overruled. That's about all I have to rant about for now, if anyone has anyone questions or concerns about what it is that I am doing, the city of Washington DC, or interests in Congress at all please do not hesitate to contact me on here or via email at either Nicholasgage@yahoo.com or gage.nicholas@mail.house.gov

Thank you and God Bless!

Gage Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment